There was a request for a Minata for Little e's birthday.
I started with a rolled paper cylinder for the body,
and two balloons for the rounded top and bottom.
After three layers of paper, I popped the balloons using
a long pin. Because there was no cardboard inside
this pinata, I added a layer of plaster bandages to
strengthen the shape. (I'm not sure if I'd do this again,
as the plaster meant there was a lot of dust during
the pummeling of the Minata.)
After all of the foundation layers had dried, I cut a flap
into the body. I then stuffed the pinata, and sealed the
flap shut. I then started decorating the Minata with
The legs and arms were constructed from paper towel
tubes, cut into the desired shapes. After decorating
the arms and legs, hot glue was used to attach them to
The finished Minata!
Oh, the hanger. This time I sewed a D ring to a webbing
strap. This was inserted after the first layer of paper
and glue, and was then sealed in place by several more
layers of paper and plaster. This was the first time the
hanger lasted longer than the pinata! An engineering win!